BugHotel Reservation System NextGen Virtual Appliance is ready for use in VMware® virtualization solution. This includes images that can be used in any VMware product such as VMware Player and VMware Workstation as well as images that are optimized for use in VMware ESX and ESXi Server.
BugHotel Reservation System NextGen VMware® Virtual Appliance image build type is ready to launched in any of several VMware virtual environments. To use this virtual appliance, download the completed image, unpack the archive, and use the VMX and VMDK files to launch the virtual machine within VMware's interface. Unpack VMware images and configure and start virtual machines as appropriate for your VMware product and operating system.
The instructions provided here apply to any of the following products installed:
- VMware Player
- VMware Server
- VMware Workstation
Install BugHotel Reservation System Appliance on VMware Player, Server or Workstation
Use the following steps to install BugHotel Reservation System on VMware Player, Server or Workstation:
- Obtain the VMware product installation from VMware (VMware Player, Server or Workstation - Download VMware Player from: http://www.vmware.com/download/player/)
- Use default responses to the VMware installer prompts. Continue through configuration when the installer directs you. Accept the EULA and continue to use the default responses to installation prompts.
- Launch the VMware and Deploy BugHotel Reservation System VMware Virtual Appliance (Use the Open Virtual Machine window to select and open the VMware image (.vmx file). If the file is compressed, uncompress it prior to opening. The image should boot and run. )
BugHotel Reservation System NextGen VMware® ESX Server Virtual Appliance image build type is ready to launched in VMware ESX Server. This image type includes more information than the BugHotel Reservation System NextGen VMware Virtual Appliance type because a new virtual machine is required each time the appliance is installed instead of running on an existing virtual machine. Though images can be run on other filesystem, VMware VMFS is optimized for VMware ESX Server.
Install BugHotel Reservation System Appliance on VMware ESX, ESXi Server
Use the following steps to install BugHotel Reservation System on VMware ESX, ESXi Server appliance:
- Login to VMware vSphere using VMware vSphere client and unpack the compressed appliance image folder into the datastore. Verify that the folder contains all three files (two vmdk files and a vmx file).
- On the ESX server, select the Summary tab for the server where the datastore resides and Double-click the datastore name in the Datastore list
- In the Datastore Browser, browse to the vmx file (which has a Type of Virtual Machine).
- Right-click the vmx file and select Add to Inventory.
- In the Add to Inventory Wizard, type a name for the virtual machine in the text box, and click Next.
- Select a resource pool within which to run the virtual machine, and click Next.
- Review the selections on the Summary screen, and click Finish.
- Close the Datastore Browser if it is still open.
- Navigate to the new virtual machine on the ESX server and Power on and use the virtual machine as desired.